Thursday, July 31, 2008

About Me

So I heard a while ago that Blizzard was going to release another game, and I was hoping that it was Starcraft 2. Not that I played the original Starcraft very much. I'm not terribly good at RTS's. They don't engage me. But still, Starcraft 2 seemed like it would be a good idea.

The announcement came, and it was for a game called World of Warcraft. What the hell? An MMO, like Everquest? Everquest sucked. I didn't like that, I clearly won't like this. Oh well, move on with my life.

That said, when World of Warcraft did come out all of my friends got into it pretty heavily. And my computer could run the game very well. So I didn't play very much. But my foray into the world of Druiding came before I even considered playing the game.

My friend Ryan had a couple of higher level (mid-30s) characters, and one of them was a Druid. Now, the Warcraft Movies was just blooming but there were a couple of standout movies he had collected. One of which was by a fellow named Rubix.

I don't know if you know who Rubix is, but he was basically the master of PvP Druiding. He also had a nice collection of PvE stunts in his video. This was what impressed me. I knew nothing about the game, but I knew that this was what I wanted to be. The Druid. Druids never struck me as particularly cool, but this one was different. Shifting into forms was all right. It was the versatility. Knowing that there was no situtation that would leave me dumbfounded and unable to act.

I got a test account and rolled a Druid on Silver Hand, the server my friends were playing on. That character got to 24 or so. But this game wasn't too bad. Much better than Everquest.

I eventually deleted that character, as I had rolled another Druid on a Different Server my friends were playing on. This one was a female by the name of Myze. Now that's a little different. But I do like the way the women look better I guess. Though I had never made a female character. I'm not particularly feminine. But I didn't want a character that would look silly in Cenarion.

This character had a lot of promise, saw a lot of play, and eventually hit level 60. I had made some friends along the way. I had gotten my girlfriend, Falcon, into the game. She rolled a priest. She was also a little lower than us, so we didn't find too much time to play together.

Burning Crusade came out. Leveling to 70 on a PvP server sucked, so Falcon (now my wife) and I moved to a normal RP server, Sisters of Elune.

Fast forward to the present. Falcon and I have been through a few guilds, including the most progressed guild on the server. In almost every case, we have left due to something about the guild we didn't like. I started Savant to see if a guild run the way I wanted could feasibly work. And does it work? I'll let you know.

No comments: