Monday, January 26, 2009

You'll notice the blinds are pristine above a certain point. This has everything to do with how tall my baby is.

At the beginning of November 2008, Big Bear Butt posted a picture of his workspace. A little later, Matticus asked Kestrel to show off his work/play area and then did the same himself. Since then, some others have done the same:
In an effort hop on the bandwagon, I will do the same. Without further ado (click to enlarge:)

Some details about the picture:
  • Monitor: This is a Samsung 24" 245BW from Costco. The angle of the picture makes the monitor look like it's slanted, but I assure you, that's not it's normal state.
  • Computer: Off to the right is my computer, a Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM and an 8800GT resting in an Antec Nine Hundred. It's really quite a nice case, not over the top, yet still an attention getter with all the blue fans.
  • Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Far and away the best keyboard money can buy, for half the price of those stupid G15s.(I'm a programmer, what can I say?)
  • Mouse: Logitech MX 518 Gaming Mouse. I use the G5 at work, and I don't like the scroll wheel. This mouse actually has a really nice scroll wheel.
  • Speakers: Altec Lansing VS 2420 2.0 Speakers. Altec Lansing always has great speaker quality, and these pump out decent bass even without a subwoofer.
  • Microphone: This is really just a Rock Band mic with a microphone stand. Originally I bought the stand so I could play guitar and sing at the same time in Rock Band, but I pretty much immediately started using it as a Ventrilo mic. The quality is amazing considering it's a freebie with Rock Band.
  • Whiteboard: Essential. I use this to organize guild info, write down quick notes whatever I need. The drawing was colored by my nephew. Current info on the board: Planning Recruit-a-Friend pairs with the wife.
  • On the wall: There's a map for Zelda: Twilight Princess from the Collector's Edition Strategy Guide for the Wii. Right below that is a push pin holding three things: a badge from an anime convention from three years ago, my Blizzard Authenticator, and a Footsteps of Illidan card that I won from the Twisted Nether Blogcast.
  • On the screen: I run WoW windowed, but covering most of the screen. I used to run full screen, but I like it better this way. I can see vent without having to alt-tab or have another screen, and I can adjust WoW to whatever size suits the situation. I run Spartan UI and in the photo, I am sitting in between trash pulls on my way to farm Anzu.
All in all, I think my overall setup is a little simpler than most. But it's easy to maintain. I invite any blogger who hasn't already to show off where they play, and please post a link in the comments!

No comments: